Our Vision Statement
Uplands Junior Academy is a happy, lively and caring place where children are encouraged to learn in a safe, positive environment. Our motto, a community that lives, learns and laughs together and the L.E.A.D acronym, Lead, Empower, Achieve and Drive align with our visions and values.
School Vision & Ethos
- Nurture children to become responsible citizens who have a thoughtful attitude towards the local, national and global community.
- Inspire an inclusive belief in all, respecting everyone irrespective of different life experiences and circumstances, abilities, faith values and cultural differences.
- Encourage children to develop social, moral, cultural and spiritual values that demonstrate care, consideration, respect and tolerance towards others and the environment.
- Develop individuals as highly motivated learners who seek to extend themselves emotionally and academically.
- Set and maintain high expectations that challenge children and enables them to achieve their potential and aspire to a wide range of ambitions.
- Ensure all children experience a curriculum that has knowledge and skills at its centre and develops children’s curiosity and thirst for learning and education in a broad sense. A curriculum that unlocks children’s talent, potential and ambitions.
- Develop a lifelong passion for learning and personal development.
We do this by:
- Giving opportunities to address and learn about the many challenging issues facing the children and the community.
- Involving children, parents, carers, staff, governors and the wider school community as partners in learning.
- Promoting attitudes where individuality, difference and diversity are valued and understood.
- Fostering a community that promotes an ethos of mutual respect, honesty and responsibility.
- Enabling children to develop an intelligence about their physical, social and emotional well-being.
- Providing an accessible curriculum that develops children’s wider knowledge and experiences and reflects the children’s lived experiences.
- Facilitating a wide range of meaningful learning experiences and opportunities within and beyond school.
- Offering teaching and memorable experiences that promote an enquiring mind and a spirit of curiosity.
If you would like to visit and see us in action we would be delighted to show you around and answer any questions you may have.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the school office to make an appointment.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0116 253 8407
We look forward to welcoming you to our school.