These sessions are designed to provide children with the opportunity to try a new sport alongside ONE parent / carer who is happy to participate in the session with them. Please note – by completing this form, only shows your expression of interest. A confirmation email will be sent via School Comms if a space has been allocated.
If you are interested in taking part, click on the link next to the event and complete the form. Remember, you need to complete a separate form for each child. Please also check the year group these sessions are aimed towards
Friday 11th March – Basketball Training and Match Day ticket (All Years)
We would like to offer this fantastic opportunity which has been planned alongside Leicester Riders. At present, we are only looking for an expression of interest. We need to secure a minimum of 30 children (Maximum 50 to make the session enjoyable) to make this opportunity viable as we would like to secure the development session for Uplands Children ONLY. The total package will costs £20 for 1 Child / 1 Accompanying Adult (usually £27.50 for match tickets alone)
What this package includes
- A basketball training session for your child from 4.30pm – 6pm at the Morningside Arena with the Leicester Riders coaching staff (You will need to arrive by 4.15pm).
- A packed lunch / light snack for your child
- Free tea / coffee for the accompanying parent / carer whilst your child is training
- 2 tickets to the basketball game after the training session against Cheshire Phoenix (1 child & 1 adult). Tip off starts at 8pm
Please note: It will be the parent/carer responsibility to accompany their child to, during and from the Session/game. at the Morningside Arena (31 Charter Street, Leicester. LE13UD).
If you would like to be part of this amazing offer, please complete the expression of interest form which was emailed to you via School Comms or https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=HCBDF7GBoEOqWbJW_OwBUUZr7YrdoJlEvDQVe_2K6ghUREFLSUZMTTU2S1Y3QkVTUllZTkNPU1kwNy4u
Once enough places have been expressed, we will contact riders to gain a code. You will need to book/pay with Leicester Riders using this unique code to secure your place.
Lets Try…. Martial Arts (Year 4) (Friday 18th March)
Past Lets Try… Events
Lets Try…. Kickboxing / Martial Arts (Wednesday 2nd March) (All years)
We would like to thank the parents and children who took part in our Second Lets try session. We would also like to thank Proaction Martial Arts and Fitness (https://www.martialartslessons.co.uk/) for offering this opportunity to our school community. In total, we had 56 adults / children take part.
If you would like to know more about Proaction Martial Arts, please contact them on 07710821777 or their contact form.
- I believe that the session was great and fun. The children fond amazing and fantastic because it was body experience and they found confidence. I hope this kind of session will continue in the future.as I parent I enjoy watching and taking part with my children.
- It was great. My son really enjoyed it. He had fun
- The instructors were friendly and welcoming. The session was fun, informative and well planned out. Overall, loved learning some new skills whilst getting the wonderful opportunity to do it with my child too!
- I would really enjoy it if you could come every week on Wednesday during lunchtime
- It was really enjoyable and my favourite part was when we learnt the kick
- It was really enjoying and my favourite part was when I was doing the boxing and going back and forward
Lets Try…. Badminton (Tuesday 22nd February) (Year 4/5)
We would like to thank the parents and children who took part in our very first Lets try session. We would also like to thank Panthers Badminton for offering this opportunity to our school community. In total we had 20 participants.
If you would like to know more about Panthers Badminton, please contact Maurice Roberts at [email protected] or 07808055919