These are locations / attractions which are located within Leicestershire and the surrounding counties. We encourage all families to spend time together and get out and about.
- Not all places have been visited by Uplands Staff.
- Please check any weblinks for times, prices and other information
- Please adhere by any Government / venue guidelines and be aware of your surroundings.
This page will be updated as more places are discovered. If there are any places which are not listed, please let me know and I will look into including them.
Special Events (Coming Soon)
Free places to visit
However, depending on venue a suggested donation, car park fees or charge for special events may apply.
- The Canal and River Trust locations have maps and activities packs which can also be downloaded for free.
- Go Orienteering – you can find parks with permanent orienteering courses. Some have free maps others have a small fee to download
|Type of venue||Leicester||Leicestershire||Nottinghamshire|
|Parks & Outdoor Spaces||Abbey Park,|
Brocks Hill Country Park,
Spinney Hill Park
Watermead Country Park.
|Beacon Hill (Loughborough),|
Foxton Locks (Market Harborough)
|Attenborough Nature Reserve,|
Cotgrave Country Park,
Colwick Country Park,
Rushcliffe Country Park,
Woolaton Hall & Deer Park
|Museum & Galleries||Abbey Pumping Station|
Leicester Museum & Art Gallery
National Gas Museum
|Charnwood Museum,||Greens Windmill & Science centre|
Charge to visit (Under £25 for Family – Price found April 2022 – see their website for details)
These venues may also charge car park fees or additional charges for special events may apply.
|Type of venue||Leicester||Leciestershire||Nottinghamshire|
|Animal||Gorse Hill City Farm,||Stonehurst Family Farm,|